These awards will be given out to the best stories focusing on the diplomacy of climate change.
Coverage of international treaty negotiations under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) that will culminate in the UN Climate Conference in Copenhagen (December 7-18 2009) are the focus of these awards.
Also considered eligible are stories about any aspect of climate change diplomacy - including analysis of issues such as:
- The negotiations around greenhouse gas emission reductions
- Carbon trading agreements
- International financial arrangements
- Agreements on adaptation assistance
- Reduction of emissions from deforestation and degradation (REDD).
Coverage of the international relations of climate change will be considered eligible, even if not specifically focused on UNFCCC talks.